Layouts Index Home Page
Description based on material supplied by the layout owner
Hammond St James
Hammond St James has been mainly recycled from an former layout called Tipton Green.
The baseboards are constructed from recycled wood which was once part of a Hammond organ in the church of St James, hence the name of the layout.
This is a fictitious station based on a country terminus with a goods yard. The timescale is 1950/60s, and favours GWR working practices.
The 'mechanics' of the layout was designed and built by Mick Scarrow, who also constructed the locomotive stock. Buildings, scenics and rolling stock was built by John Pearce. The station building is a card kit designed and printed especially for the layout by John Seward of the Warley Model Railway Club
Return to Home Page