Layouts Index Home Page
Description based on material supplied by the layout owner
Blaendare Road is a small terminus station high above Pontypool, set sometime in the 1950's to 1960's period.
The branch was built in order to tap the high quality limestone and dolomite outcrops at Cwmniscoy Quarry. Blaendare Road enjoys frequent passenger services to Pontypool Road, Ebbw Vale and Blaenavon via the triangular junction with the Vale of Neath line at Cwm Glyn.
Goods services are operated to the yard with wagon traffic to a local seed and feed wholesaler, plus a coal merchants yard.
The track is Peco code 100 and points are operated by Seep motors. The track is ballasted with Woodland Scenics medium ballast. All buildings are made from kits, with a few being modified to suit the layout.
Rolling stock is mainly ready to run with a few kit built locomotives and wagons. Un-coupling ramps are a mixture of Seep and homemade.
Return to Home Page